common mistakes that students do while writing their thesis paper and the tips to avoid them
A thesis is a supporting document, submitted by students pursuing academic excellence in their fields of study, showing the author’s findings and research in no more than the necessary length.
Students are familiar with two stages of thesis,
1. Thesis Statement
2. Final Thesis
The thesis statement focuses more on academic papers. Mainly, they are required for subjects that are art, history, and varying in length with citation styles.
Whereas, final thesis demands more expertise in the subject and is needed to complete degree programs. This demands more time sometimes years to complete and is often submitted in front of the university committee.
For today’s topic of discussion, we will try to find the ways one can refrain from failing in the potholes with these 5 common mistakes.
Let us first understand the structure one must follow writing a final year thesis,
o Introduction – This is where the author gives a brief introduction of the research topic, formulate a summary on what to expect from the research for readers.
o Literature Review – In this section, the author has to provide a research paper, studies made by other scholars on the topic of the research. The author has to identify the limitations of the existing research by building counter-arguments. This also demonstrates the capability of carrying out research individually in the field.
o Methodology – Most important part of the research deals with explanations of the data and methods used in conducting the research.
o Results – Shows the findings of the research in a documented manner.
o Discussion & Conclusion – This section is mainly a summarization of ‘Why’ author conducted the research and results discovered while providing conclusions based on findings.
Making mistakes in creating a thesis carries more than enough weightage and should be done properly to avoid humiliation, as Theses are often reviewed by peers and thus should not have avoidable errors could have been avoided with little knowledge.
1. Create a statement that is clear and intriguing: Success depends on the idea of finding a unique, intriguing, and debatable research topic, and how great the author manages to convey the idea and work towards creating a paper. Most people fail because they tend to write more about the idea and elaborates in the introduction without a check on word count and limit.
2. Use evidence to support the claim for the topic of the research: Most people fail to idealize the basic understanding of any thesis topic and admit to having opposition on the same. A well-versed thesis must take both, supporters and critics, into account and use evidence to provide a clear understanding of the idea and refute opposition. Being fair and just is the way.
3. Content quality matter: The most important thing of the thesis after finding the right topic is the content and one cannot be too sure of the content and having an open mind towards learning can help anyone to create the best thesis. Steps to avoid are putting more emphasis and being thorough during the literature review.
4. Avoid any tough-to-follow style and repletion of words: Always follow an easy style of writing but never use the same words, as this suggests incompetency in communication on the author’s part.
5. Make a clear to-the-point conclusion: After reaching a conclusion author should be able to give readers an understandable way of solving the problem. Keeping discussion open for further development on the topic shows better understanding. Conclusion and recommendation should also finalize the author’s idea of the thesis.
There are multiple things in a thesis that can go wrong, but now you know. But still not sure how to proceed, don’t be shy, give us a ping, we are here for your thesis help online, 24*7.
This Blog is originally published at Myearchcam.comMegosztás a facebookon